Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where to ride now this weekend? Somewhere between skipton and the lakes
  • Wharfedale
    Free Member

Hope you guys can help I was supposed to be doing "The Calf & Bowderdale" on Saturday but with the weather as it's been I'm not sure its a good idea!?

Anyone got any good route suggestions somewhere between skipton and the lakes, ideally not too far off the A65 and with good drainage 😀

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I've got the same problems, so it's going to be Gisburn for me.

jimmy

Guisburn?

teagirl
    Free Member

Have you thought of something around Austwick, Clapham? There are some muddy areas, inevitable this weekend but as it's a limestone area then drainage is good. Altho' wet, greasy limestone aint for the fainthearted.
    VG guide South Dales has some routes that can be done together.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Gisburn, turn left at Long preston

Dalesbikecentre

Swaledale trail conditions & weather check…

We're not flooded, trail conditions are a bit puddley but this area drains well generally. Clear sky with a little breeze just now.

And
    And

Our cafe and workshop is open all weekend

Oh and we've a couple of beds available:-) Give us a call 01748 884908

Enjoy where ever you ride folks

Stu

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

And I'll be there in a couple of weeks. What's this about an honesty box for cake?

Dalesbikecentre

ChatsworthMusters

Ah Good! look forward to that then. There's a few of us ride out on a Friday at 7pm if you can make it in time, cafe's open late as well.

Tis true we do have 24hr cake access to all staying here with an honesty box. We go to extraordinary lengths to cater for your every need 24 hours day.

We await your arrival;-)

Stu

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Don't think I can make Friday night, but we're booked in for Saturday. (Don't actually know that we're "in", but I've paid!!!)

rockitman

Gisburn for me too. First time. Really looking forward to it.

How long does it take to get round?

john_drummer
    Free Member

how about Malham > over Kirby Fell > Stockdale Lane > Settle > Gorbecks(?) > Malham Tarn & back?

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

How long does it take to get round?

2.5 hours should be enough, depending how long you spend talking/sessioning.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

We had a camping barn booked for tonight and Sat night in Buttermere near Keswick/Cockermouth, it's impossible to get to now 😥

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride now this weekend? Somewhere between skipton and the lakes’ is closed to new replies.