Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Where to Ride Near Leyburn, East Yorkshire Dales?…
  • ryanw
    Free Member

Guys,

I’m staying on one of my holiday parks this weekend, just outside Leyburn.

I’ve brought my Foxy RR up with me and want to hit a few local-ish trails.

Anyone know of any good’uns around here?

Cheers all!

wilde86
    Free Member
    mt
    Free Member

Dales Bike Centre over near Reeth will take you 15 mins to get to and Stu Price will be happy direct on to the many trails in the area. The coffee is great also.

WillC9999
    Free Member

What mt said. DBC is brilliant, will supply ideas for routes – and good coffee/cake. Swaledale has *loads* of excellent biking.

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for the Dales Bike Centre – ask Stu for directions to Fremington Edge

ryanw
    Free Member

Cheers! Looking forward to the coffee and cake!!!

Just got back from a quick 8 miles all on road. 35psi in the Black Chilli 2.2 Rubber Queens certainly took its toll on some killer climbs! Haha…

pants
    Free Member

Could try Hamsterley Forest, a nice 15mile Red/Black loop a good mix of fire road and ST

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Could try Hamsterley Forest, a nice 15mile Red/Black loop a good mix of fire road and ST

Not when your’e in Leyburn though surely? With the Dales on your doorstep why would you drive to Hamsterley? (I’m not knocking Hamsterley btw)

AJames
    Free Member

Up there today for one of my faves Gunnerside Gill. Short 18K bruiser . Excellent.

PTR
    Free Member

Get out the OS map and go exploring, what’s the worst that can happen?!

Rockape
    Free Member

Here’s one for you starts in Reeth so you can have cake and coffee with stu at the bike centre then ride http://www.mtbthedales.org.uk/mtb-booze_and_crackpot.pdf The dales are full of trails take an os map and just plot. Unlike alot of places you may never need to ride miles of Tarmac. You will be able to ride from Wensledale to Reeth up over the moors if you plot your route. Enjoy great place to ride

smogmonster

Let me guess…Akebar??

From Leyburn you have Reeth, Castle Bolton, Bainbridge, Hawes all within easy reach with tons of quality tracks. My fave ride is my local one from Reeth up Fremington Edge, down Storthwaite Hall, upto Surrender Bridge, Great Pinseat, Level House Bridge, Bunton Hush, then down the track, name i dont know that goes down into Gunnerside, with a 6 mile road blast back to Reeth with knackered legs. 25 miles give or take a couple of yards.

ryanw
    Free Member

Just got back from Stu’s place. Nice little layout and the food and coffee are amazing! The homemade coleslaw is the best I’ve ever had.

Bought a trail map off him ‘Pinseat n Apedale’, will give this a go and see how I get on.

It’s literally 20 mins from Leyburn but is like being on a different planet. The scenery is out this world!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You could always traipse to Dalby & waste an afternoon there as well.
    Swaledale is Gods country. If there was a God, thats where he/she/it would ride. 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Where to Ride Near Leyburn, East Yorkshire Dales?…’ is closed to new replies.