Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Where to ride in Wales this weekend?
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I live in London and im thinking I could get the train to Newport and ride somewhere around that area for saturday and sunday then train it back on Sunday night… a quick scan of the map tells me Cwmcarn is right next to Newport so that is the idea at the moment…

If anyone has any ideas of where else i could ride from there or any routes they would be willing to share im all ears! Also if anyone has any ideas of where to stay (YHA, camping barn type thing) in that area that would be great.

Also if anyone would like to join me, feel free as im on my own for now.

creamegg
    Free Member

Cwmcarn XC and downhill. Then explore the woods round Cwmcarn, Abercarn and Machen or try and get a ride to Afan. I would offer to meet up with you for Cwmcarn on Sat and Afan Sunday but it’s the Mrs’s birthday so I’ve been told I have other prioraties

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Thanks, could you mabye suggest somewhere to stay nearby, hostel/camping barn/cheap bnb sort of thing?

AndrewJ
    Free Member

Stay on the train to Port Talbot, ride up the Afan Valley and stay at the Afan Lodge maybe? There’s far more man made way marked trails to ride around Afan and Glyncorrwg to do!

Cwmcarn is over before you know it. Don’t get me wrong, there’s some great natural riding around there but you have to know where it is.

Ambrose

As AJ said.

hugor
    Free Member

I live in the south and generally prefer the so called natural stuff but in the current conditions I tend to stick to the trail centres.
    Cwm Carn is good for 2 hours but you can spend a great day at Afan or Brechfa.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride in Wales this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.