Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to ride in the Peak this week?
  • alexpalacefan

Hello,

I’ve got a day of riding scheduled for this week, somewhere near Sheffield.
    I’ve been asked to plot a route, so where should we go?
    Thinking that after recent weather, I want to avoid anywhere too wet and muddy.

Suggestions very welcome, I’ve not ridden up that way for ages.

APF

stealthcat

Peaks route advice
    Can be shortened in a variety of ways, but mostly fairly weatherproof surfaces (except the Hollins Cross/Mam Nick descents into Edale…)

hora
    Free Member

Rushops edge is still a snow drift – not sure about the rest of the Jacobs/Kinder route- anyone?

frogstomp

Rideable snow-drift, or avoid snow-drift? Up next weekend and haven’t enjoyed any snowy riding this year.. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Unsure as I eye-balled it as a I drove past in both directions.

fathomer

^^ It was unrideable last weekend, though that was 7 days ago. You could only see the top 3′ of the gate half way down.

OP, rode around Ladybower this weekend including Winston Lee Tor and all was rideable excepted the 100meters after you bear left past the nature reserve on the way up WLT.

chambord
    Free Member

It snowed pretty heavily yesterday, check out @kofthep on Twitter for weather/trail condition updates.

ianfitz
    Free Member

I was out in it yesterday, snow wasn’t really sticking anywhere. More forecast apparently.

i rode Ecceslhall woods – blacka – longshaw – curbar/frogatt – baslow – chatsworth – bakewell – monsal trail – PBW north then cut home from peak forest via hope valley as the snow had turned wet and I was getting cold.

it was all ridable, although surface mud was plentiful in places 😉

alexpalacefan

OK, decision made. It’s (sort of) starting to come back to me.

Thanks all,

Alex

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride in the Peak this week?’ is closed to new replies.