Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Where to ride in south Devon?
  • markrh
    Free Member

Staying in the Honiton area for a few days and wondered if theres any good riding (off road) near to?

jruk
    Free Member

Plenty of good unmarked stuff up at Haldon (~25 mins drive away) which is running really nicely at the mo and even better natural trials in East Dartmoor (~45 mins) around Lustleigh cleave.

When are you down?

qwerty
    Free Member

Head t’moor.

jam-bo

Not much I know of around honiton but your pretty close to Woodbury & Haldon. Quantocks & Dartmoor a bit further afield.

jam-bo

And honiton is east Devon.

qwerty
    Free Member

Stick to the road. Stay away from the moor.

ontor
    Free Member

head over to woodbury and the other commons

deadkenny
    Free Member

Woodbury, Haldon, Dartmoor are the main options. A few small other spots dotted about. Devon is a oddly limited for the size of the county, as outside of Dartmoor there’s a lot of rural land and a lot of it is inaccessible or not rideable. Mostly private estates and farms.

ajantom

Lots of great stuff near Honiton if you know where to look 😉
    Plenty on and around East Hill, towards Sidmouth and of course Woodbury.
    Here’s the link to my Strava profile – loads of recent rides around the Ottery and Woodbury area:
    Lots of routes…
    Can send you some .gpx files if you want.

coomber
    Free Member

As above. Likely hills if riding from Honiton. I’d show you a few but am post op recovery at the mo.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Dartmoor, NUTCRACKER loop

markrh
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies, Haldon sounds interesting. Is the unmarked stuff easy to find jruk? we’re there (here?) now.

jruk
    Free Member

Have a look at
    this route
    it takes in a lot of the decent stuff.

If you’re free on Wednesday evening a bunch of us ride up there from the Ley Arms in Kenn at 6.30 the back for a beer at 9.

markrh
    Free Member

Thanks for that James, doubt we could make the wendnesday meet but thanks for the offer 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride in south Devon?’ is closed to new replies.