Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where to ride in Kent today?
  • SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Got a rare opportunity for a longer ride today but my local trails (Mereworth etc) are going to be a clart-fest following last night’s rain.

Trail reports from other bits of Kent would be appreciated… anyone ridden Bedgebury today?

Was also considering a loop around Ightam Mote (Wilmot Hill, Oldbury etc) as its generally a bit faster draining- anyone local given it a spin today?

If it’s all pants then a road ride is on the cards 😐

stayhigh

I guess that Bedgebury would be quite swampy too given the recent rain and its poor drainage. I rode through North Pole/Oaken woods thursday a.m and that was a swamp and along the NDW from Trosley Country park to Medway and around Blubell Hill was pretty much the same.

Oldbury apparently drains better then Mereworth way so it maybe worth a trip but I reckon its gonna be pretty claggy wherever you ride.

Where abouts are you based?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Hello mate – I think we know each other from Sketchy – it’s Jon!

Oaken Wood is indeed filthy at the moment. I rode Mereworth last week. Some of the sneakier bits of singletrack were OK but the main tracks were a swamp. I’m going to head out on the Roadrat towards Plaxtol Ivy Hatch / Oldbury way and see how far I get.

stayhigh

Ahh, orange Surly SS, hows it going mate?

I dont know what the weathers doing your way but its rained all day in Medway 🙁

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

That’s me! Same conditions here… I’m still sitting here, kitted up already and keep on intending heading out but getting easily “distracted”….(must…improve… level.. of.. motivation…)

stayhigh

I know what you mean, I’m supposed to be digging a base for a shed. Its the getting out thats the hard part lol I’m on nights for the next couple of weeks but will have to sort out getting together for a ride at some point, are you still on the same number?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Managed to rise above the lethargy and Just got back from road loop out to Plaxtol and back. Actually really enjoyed it and quite pleased as I cleared Rat’s Castle on a 42:18 singlespeed, so I’m not as unfit as I thought I was :-).

Ride sometime sounds good now that the nights are a bit lighter – Thursday evenings or weekends generally good for me. We’re in the process of sorting out a move to Devon but will be around until the end of April.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride in Kent today?’ is closed to new replies.