Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Where to ride in Italy in August?
  • Kahurangi

I have a job. Some jobs send us to Dundee, but mine looks like sending me to Italy for 3 week in August and/or September this year, specifically Monza (where our factory is).

A workmate (of my riding style and standard) has been checking out the riding available…

Midweek riding won’t be a possibility and I don’t really mind staying away over the weekend to open up possibilities of amazing riding.

This might be straight after a trip back to the UK so I won’t have my bike and will have to hire. If my trip is delayed at all I’ll be able to bring my own bike with me (160/155 mm travel mince tank) opening up more possibilities.

Riding with other people is always more safe, more fun and I’d likely dig in to my own pocket for some guiding to make the most of it. Would alternatively be sweet to meet up with any other STWers who are in the area 8)

Pila – 2h30 from Monza. Gondola acessed ‘XC’ and DH bike park trails, hire bikes are Transition TR450s

Finale Ligure – 2h30 from Monza. Shuttle uplifted natural trails – ancient hill tracks of awesomeness.

TooTall
    Free Member

Italy is mostly closed in August. They all go to the beach.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

No idea when Italy closes but we just did a day at Pila and it was the best day we all have ever had on a bike!

We did La Thuille a few years back and it was good too but Pila, wow!

Kahurangi

Looking at the work planner, it is now more likely to be September 8)

Luke, what (if you can put your finger on it) was so good about Pila?

rendo
    Free Member

not very helpful but, i’m sure a google search will throw up something interesting, monza is at the foot of the alps. i could recommend some really good road cycling.
    Italy has a similar culture to the uk, sunday morning runs are very popular. go to the local bike shop and ask there. if your hiring a bike ask the hire company (unless its at a park). in the other alps a lot of the ski runs have mtb/downhill runs, and keep the chair lifts open, so woth looking into these.

sorry post is a bit fragmented

BillOddie

Lake Garda is 2 hours away from Monza…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride in Italy in August?’ is closed to new replies.