Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where to ride in alps?
  • backtothetop
    Free Member

I have the second week of July booked of work with the intention of riding somewhere amazing. I have a transit van that ill be traveling/living in , all I need now is a location to go to.

Currently I’m thinking that morzine/les gets is the best place to go for, any other ideas?

I done the megavalanche in 2014 and would like that sort of riding but with more trails.

Stoner
    Free Member

If you’ve not been before then it’s probably a no-brainer IMO. You can compare it with somewhere else next time

spicer
    Free Member

Agreed ^. As far as trails go, I’d say the best are the blue, and black (hattock) from the top of the super-morzine lift. And the red, and the black Lindaret trails are excellent. Quite tricky though!

nickjb
    Free Member

Morzine has a bit of everything riding wise, a huge number of trails and it’s a good town with other stuff to do. Campsites or wild camping options. Its also the shortest drive. Good place to pop your alpine cherry.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Morzine = Portes du Soleil. Big area spanning French/Swiss border.

Don’t have to stay in Morzine, though it’s where most people (Brits) will be. If you hit it when all the links are open you have a huge area to explore. There’s also the Passportes festival weekend with lots of events on and the uplift-xc big route, but that’s just one option. So much more on offer. Find a guide and there’s some great off piste.

finners

Morzine, It has to be done. Plenty options. I really wish i could go again this year…

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

yup, going back there again this year but the week before you.

Don’t stick to Morzine tho, the lift pass and the trails allow you to get over to Chatel for some great fun there too.

The Swiss national is great fun too although Champery was off my personal skill level.

Stoner
    Free Member

There’s at least 8 “sectors” accessible from morzine :

Morzine (plenney)
    Morzine (supermorzine)
    Les gets
    Mont chery
    Chatel
    Lindarets
    Morgins
    And champery/les crosets

http://en.portesdusoleil.com/summer/bikeparks.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride in alps?’ is closed to new replies.