Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Where to ride before you die
  • bottleneckslide
    Free Member

Afternoon folks,

Have joined up looking for some inspiration – a couple of mates and myself are planning on spending some time riding away from home (the Bristol area) but can’t decide on the best place to go. And as pleasant as it is spending evenings in the pub discussing possible destinations, the time is fast approaching for us to make a decision.

So, we’re looking for help. From you forum folk. Hope you don’t mind.

If you were allowed one ride before you die, where would it be? Consider this the biking equivalent of your death-row, last-meal, anything-goes type of deal. If money were no option (it is, obviously, but pretend it isn’t), where would you go? And why (we’ll need reasons if we’re going to make a case for it as we wait for Big Bob to finally blow the cobwebs off his wallet to buy the next round – sorry if you’re reading Bob, we know being careful with your cash isn’t the same as being stingy, honest)?

Doesn’t have to be exotic. We’re not ruling out good ol’ Blighty. But, in essence, that’s what we’re after: your ideas for where we should head off to with our bikes.

Cheers

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’ve always wanted to go to slickrock, moab, from when it was so famous back in the day…

terrahawk
    Free Member

one last ride before you die…? Erm…
    in front of a speeding bus?

druidh
    Free Member

Around the world – very slowly

adey205
    Free Member

would love to head to whistler, but there again, that’s where i want to live anyway

Pickles
    Free Member

I know it’s a little cliched, but for me it has to be a tie between two trails:
    The Porcipine Rim trail in Moab – just the right length, just the right amount of variety, lots of speed and awesome views.
    The 401 trail in Crested Butte, Colorado – just as the aspen trees start to turn. Probably the best woodsy single track I’ve ridden and just stunningly beautiful.
    Both are significantly better than anything else I’ve ridden over the past 18 years, but I’ve never been to Whistler.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride before you die’ is closed to new replies.