Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Where to ride around Ninfield/Brighton
  • yorkshire89
    Free Member

Hey,

Im away with work this week on my billy. So looking for some places to ride on an evening.
    I think I will head to Aston hill or chicksands when im staying near Luton, but im heading over to Ninfield for one or two nights midweek.

Just looking on google maps its surrounded by smallish woods but is there any riding around here? Somewhere within an hours drive of Ninfield?
    Am i close to any trail centres?

Seven Sisters country park is fairly close, their website says there is some riding?

Im looking for anything that will kill a few hours doesn’t have to be too technical, and i don’t mind a bit of road riding to link stuff up.

Cheers 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

The South Downs start at Eastbourne, so there’s 100 miles of XC riding to the west from there. Friston Forest is also nearby and has quite a bit of singletrack – not sure how easy it’ll be to find on your own. Just before Brighton there’s Stanmer Park. What nights are you here? There are quite a few group rides you can join so you get to ride the good stuff rather than getting lost in the woods on your own! 😉

m1kea
    Free Member

AS CGG says, Stanmer arguably has the most variety though you’ll probably want to bring lights.

Alternatively I know a chap in Robertsbridge, not far from Ninfield. PM your email and I’ll pass it on.

Finally, Bedgebury is not that far from you but I don’t know what the score is with ‘out of hours’ parking.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Cheers, I will be arriving on Tuesday evening, but not sure what time, hopefully will be ready for a ride at 4-5pm. I will only be working for a few hours on Wednesday, so will be looking for somewhere to ride in the afternoon before i head back up to North London.

I will have a little look on strava at the places mentioned and see if i can work out a good area before i head down. If there are any group rides that would be good but there is the chance i won’t arrive until late on Tuesday and will be gone Wednesday evening…

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride around Ninfield/Brighton’ is closed to new replies.