Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where To Ride?
  • daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Looking for somewhere to ride Saturday morning, Coming from Sheffield area.

Thinking Dalby forest, but it’s about the same distance to Llandegla.

Ridden Dark Peak a fair bit recently, so that’s not looking appealing. Ridden Lee Quarry fairly recently.

Anywhere else nearby I am missing out on?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

yes…. Wharncliffe would be the obvious on-your-doorstep omission

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Hmm, I have ridden a fair bit at Grenoside, but never done anything in Wharncliffe? Is it easy to navigate? I always figured it was more DH orientated?

jekkyl

White peak?
    I know a cracking route out of Bakewell. This is the bakewell route: https://www.justgoride.co.uk/routes/19505
    There’s also the 5 dales matlock way but with the recent rain there will be mud.
    What about Cannock?

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

I do like Cannock, ridden it a fair amount, but not been since swapping bikes, so that could be good. Only an hour or so away too, so that might be a good shout.

jekkyl

Cannock’s great. If you’re there for a day why not take ride over to Stile Cop to mix things up, you don’t have to have a DH bill to ride the tracks and you can easily avoid the jumps. I’ve been a few times on my hardtail and it’s great fun scaring yourself silly with the steep bits. After you finish upper cliff and you bomb down to Lower cliff you cross over a fireroad, instead of going straight over the fireroad to start the insidious incline just take a right and go up the fireroad for about a mile and you’ll come to the bottom of stile cop. There are other ways but maybe best to have a look at google maps before starting out. It’s difficult to get lost round there coz if you just follow any downhill fireroad you’ll eventually get to a proper road.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

I have visited Stile Cop, although there were so many hard shelled full face riders around it looked like a star wars convention. The Red was a bit of a shock, when you think of a Red Trail like Sherwood Pines or similar, that was no ordinary red!

I do fancy another bash at the red and maybe CDL though, so that could be a winner.

I knew the monkey and Stile Cop was linkable, but didn’t realise it was that straight forward so thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where To Ride?’ is closed to new replies.