Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to rent a bachelor pad in central Leeds?
  • geoffj

I might be taking a contract on in Leeds for 6 months.
    Right move has loads of stuff on to rent, but a lot of the modern flats appear quite pokey and I don’t know which areas to avoid.
    Probably hoping to pay less than £900 cpm for somewhere very central (I fancy a bit of city living monday to friday).
    So any advice on areas/buildings to look to rent / avoid?

john_drummer
    Free Member

City centre is city centre but I’d stay (just) north of the river. South you’re in Holbeck which isn’t very nice or perhaps at Leeds Dock which is dead quiet, apart from the Royal Armouries

jambalaya
    Free Member

Tons of new apartments where built by the river and are rented out. Its a bit dead there but a short walk into city for clubs and bars. We rented there quite a bit when visiting kids at Uni. I am clearly not your demographic (53) but after the odd night out I much prefer the country pubs

mattyfez

There’s loads of modern flats just south of the train station/granary warf area, very central.

jet26
    Free Member

If you want very central Park Row or round there.

Centaur House (used to live there) is old warehouse conversion which has roomy flats but is slightly on fringe of city centre.

Engine House? nad one or two others by river are conversions but again slightly on fringe.

Simpsons Dock is probably best mix of conversion/not too pokey but also central ish and close to lively stuff, and station.

geoffj

Cheers all, especially jet26, just the sort of info I was looking for.

stumpy01

Mate of mine has recently moved out of a flat in the centre of Leeds. It was a large block of flats, fairly decent size for a city centre flat and about 10 mins walk into the centre.

I think it was called something like West Point.

If you have a car, make sure the flat comes with a parking space.
    His flat (bought, not renting) commanded a premium because it had a parking space, as most of them in the block did not.

mattyfez

Yeah parking is a problem in Leeds!

scotroutes

😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to rent a bachelor pad in central Leeds?’ is closed to new replies.