Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where to pop my cherry?
  • transporter13
    Free Member

Have a free weekend to take family away camping. Was thinking of either north Wales or Lake District as I’d like to do our ( me and 2 kids being 6+7) first ever trail centre. I know its not natural riding but thought I’d try something different.

So anyone have any recommendations that’ll broaden our horizons?
    I have seen hawkshead camping park near grizedale that looks ok and we normally stay near Porthmadog if we venture into Wales.

Any suggestion is welcome. Somewhere that has walks nearby is good too as mrs 13 and 2 year old need something to do whilst I ride.

Cheers
    Gary

kayak23

I’d look for somewhere near Barmouth.
    You have Coed Y Brenin nearby, the lovely Mawdacch trail along the estuary, and of course the beaches too for the ladies…

We stayed at Graig Wen which was right on the Mawdacch trail. Very basic, campfires allowed, beautiful spot.

It’s a nice walk from the campsite across the estuary bridge to Barmouth, and plenty of walks nearby, including Cadair Idris..

Good access to all the above areas.

transporter13
    Free Member

Looks nice. Thanks. Just running it by the boss now 😀

KZP894
    Free Member

This is a great site, owners really friendly, minutes from Coed-y-Brenin
    http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=5990

kieranoc

Whinlatter has good options for the family – good kids play area, great cafe, nature trails for walks and the blue route for the kids to try on their bikes.
    There is a good campsite in Braithwaite 2 miles from the forest with 2 pubs serving food in the village.

A great walk from the village is the barrow – steep but safe and will take about 1.5 hours

Keswick is only 3 miles away with loads of places to eat , pubs and good supermarket

Have a good weekend wherever you finish up going – the weather forecast is great

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where to pop my cherry?’ is closed to new replies.