Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Where to order a new Nexus 7 from?
  • dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Does anybody know if there is any advantage in waiting to order a new Nexus 7 tablet from Google Play directly, instead of getting one from somewhere else sooner?
    I heard that warranty repair claims were better handled directly, but assumed everything went back to ASUS no matter so possibly just internet rumours…

martinhutch

I’ve had some experience of this – I think I’ve completed a couple of warranty claims for Nexus 7s via the Google Play store recently.

I say I think, as I’ve had no notification that they’ve accepted the warranty claim as valid yet. What they do is get you to put in another order for a new device, but leave the credit card charge ‘pending’ while they send it off to ASUS for verification. No money has been charged for the new ones yet (three months on), so I assume the warranty claim was successful, but it’s hard to be sure.

So you get your replacement device more quickly, but are left in the dark as to whether they will arbitrarily decide to charge you for it at a later date, forcing you to fight to get the money back.

Both claims were screen related BTW – the infamous screen lift on both, leading to one of them cracking. They tried to reject the cracked screen claim out of hand, but agreed to send it to ASUS in the end after I ranted on about the Sale of Goods Act.

HughStew

John Lewis, if there’s one convenient for you. Same price and if there’s a problem just take it back to them and they sort it.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Martin, thanks – very informative!
    My last one was sent back to Asus via Currys, and returned within 2 weeks with NFF (which, to be fair was true as it happened)
    I’ll get it from Tesco website, there’s a £20 discount code & if there’s problems i can take it back locally.
    John Lewis would’ve been my choice but it’s too far away to be worth it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Where to order a new Nexus 7 from?’ is closed to new replies.