Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Where to look for an admin type job these days?
  • 40mpg

My wife’s just been told her job is being outsourced to India. Her role will cease middle next week, and she’s been offered a position on the sales team (she is not a sales person!) so its rapid job search time.

Its a long time since either of us had to do any proper job searching, so where is best to start looking for admin type roles? Are there any websites which are better or any to avoid? (Don’t want to sign upto to any which will bombard us with random rubbish all the time if possible).

Anywhere else to try?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Get to your local branch of Reed/Blue Arrow/Manpower etc, dress smartly go armed with CV and get registered. It creates a much better impression than just firing off your CV.

Apart from that, CVlibrary/Monster/Reed websites are good.

egb81
    Free Member

Get the CV up together and hit up the agencies. I always found Randstad easy to work with. Once she’s signed up, stay in constant contact with them; borderline harass them until she gets a job. The trick is to understand that essentially they work for you and not the other way round. If you don’t find work, they don’t get paid. Once she can prove she’s a good worker agencies will put her to the front of the queue for the better jobs. I was on first name, friendly terms with Randstad and they knew my voice straight away on the phone. I was never out of work for more than a few days over a three year period of working with them and had some really good jobs as well. It can be a bit insecure at times, particularly near Christmas but that’s a way off.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    the-muffin-man

Reed worked well for my Mrs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Where to look for an admin type job these days?’ is closed to new replies.