Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Where to look for a cheapish backpack/rucksack?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Just for cycling to work duties, sub £30.

ElShalimo

AlpKit Gourdon

alfabus
    Free Member

This came up the other day:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-cheap-commuter-backpack

I bought one. Haven’t used it in anger yet, but it seems like it’ll be fine for commuting use.

Dave

project
    Free Member

Great outdoors, or Decathlon, do cheaper bags.Also have a look in Tesco and ASDA.

ton

£15 decathlon. perfect for proper use too.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/alpinism-22-backpack-id_8302620.html

ryu1720
    Free Member
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The one alfabus suggests is a great buy.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yeahs its not bad but its end of line according to the ticket in the store so get ehm while they’re hot!

qwerty
    Free Member

AlpKit Gourdon

doris5000

there were a few half price Karrimor ones in sports direct at the weekend. Picked up a £12 jobbie – won’t be taking it up everest any time soon but looks to be reasonable value!

that BTWIN Tilt 5 thing looks great, quite fancy one – although for commuting I’d be slightly concerned about the blackness and lack of reflective material. And the fact that it has ‘Stuff’ written in large letters on it…

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

this?
    Haven’t used one of these but I have a couple of Lomo bags and they are excellent quality standing up to all sorts of abuse

tillydog
    Free Member

Aldi did one a few months ago for about 8 quid. I got one, and it’s surprisingly good quality – on a par with £50 ones in Cotswold, for example.

Keep an eye out for Aldi/Lidl offers?

MoreCashThanDash

We’ve had various cheap Decathlon and Mountain Warehouse rucksacks that have been fine with a hiviz rain cover

DezB
    Free Member

That’s what I’ve got. Nice bright colours so those moron motorist have something to catch their eye.

martinhutch

Berghaus 8+4 remote – £sub 30 in a couple of places.

Really excellent pack, I use it for general biking duties. Has all sorts of useful pockets, an attachment for a light on the back, and is very comfortable.

brassneck

Sports Direct Karrimor stuff. 10 -20 lots of options.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Where to look for a cheapish backpack/rucksack?’ is closed to new replies.