Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Where to leave my car for 5 weeks if flying from Glasgow?
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Just looking at flights to whistler this month and the cheapest by £300 is Glasgow. I’m a good few hours drive away so I’d need somewhere I can leave my car and get a taxi with bike to airport. Any thoughts?

matt_outandabout

Outside our house in Dunblane and get train to Glasgow?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer! I’d rather not drive past the airport to come back again if I can help it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

I’m in Shawlands on the southside, about £20 in a taxi to the airport. Can keep half an eye out on the car if you want to leave it locally. Otherwise somewhere like Bishopton. Wouldn’t leave it in Paisley if I were you.

Merak

Leave it with me it’ll be fine. 😈

skink2020

What kind of car is it?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

In typical stw fashion a 10yo passat estate

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Train to Glasgow and taxi to the airport, it is Glasgow airport in the city not the other one…

DickBarton

You wouldn’t be driving past Glasgow airport to get to Dunblane…unless you stayed on west coast…

br
    Free Member

How far from the airport are you, ie taxi or pay a friend to take you – and vv for the return.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Train to Glasgow and taxi to the airport, it is Glasgow airport in the city not the other one…

There’s no airport in Glasgow City. As long as there’s nowt worth nicking inside, I’d have no problem parking a car, particularly of that age, at a railway station. Would be fine at Johnstone.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sorry I’ll be more specific, the one you can get to in a Taxi from the city easily and not Prestwick. Some slightly confused Aussie’s were over at a wedding when we lived up there and asked how long they needed to get to the airport but didn’t realise their flight was from Prestwick.

thecaptain
    Free Member

airport car park is not too expensive if booked in advance. I’ve left my van there for a week.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The bus from the centre isn’t going to be much slower than a taxi.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

If you park anywhere G41ish I’ll personally take you to the airport for £15, depending on departure time/date. Cant promise to pick you up though

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cheers guys, all depends when I finish work. I’ll be back once I know.

DickBarton

It is, but Glasgow airport is to the west so you wouldn’t be passing it as you’ll be coming from sse/se direction…

Merak

Park it in my street and I’ll take you to the airport. I work shifts though, if it works for us both I’ll take you no bother, and no charge either.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Right current plan seems to be drive up next tues night, sleep in car at nearby services, drive into city wed am. Flights 11, so what airport for 8.30?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Bump, only 4 days. Whoop

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Where to leave my car for 5 weeks if flying from Glasgow?’ is closed to new replies.