• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to go in the Alps?
  • lister

For a group of late 30 year olds who aren’t as good as they think they once were…
    We Morzined it a few years ago and now want a different experience.
    Cheap, catered chalet where there is lots of ‘nice’ alpine riding served by lifts.
    Nowt too headbanging downhill, no braking bumps, lots of smooth, high singletrack with good views and some easily discovered back country-esque adventure days.
    And lively but not raucous night life would be good too…

Moon on a stick, or where should we go?

Cheers

DPM

Bourg St. Maurice/Les Arcs pretty much meets all this ^

dan45a
    Free Member

If it has to be alps I’d say les arcs is my favourite, stay in bourg st Maurice. Did one days guided and used the lifts on the rest. Very good trip.

Otherwise we just did finale ligure Italy this spring, awesome trails, more natural, but still techy, Cool town as well. I’ve done a lot of the alps resorts and I thought this bettered them.

lister

We’ll probably drive and be on a shortish timetable so Italy is a bit far, but I’ll ahve a look.

Cheers

coogan
    Free Member

I’d say with The White Room. Amazing folk, totally amazing trails, amazing the way they look after you. Boom, job done. Although they are pretty much fully booked apart from the last few weeks of the season.

hot_fiat

lister. nibbles & I did finale to Calais in one hit a few years ago. It’s doable but the riding is all van uplift. TWR is probably what we’re looking for. Oh and you mightn’t be as good as you thought you once were. 😛

P.s. Suit’s coming to Newcastle so don’t saunter into Swansea expecting to pick it up. Written your speech yet?

iolo
    Free Member

Switzerland is nice. As is Tyrol for a change from the norm.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chamonix/Verbier (stay in Chamonix, trails from “The Bike Book”. 45 mins drive to Verbier for some riding there)
    Trail Addiction guided at Destination X (Areches Beaufort)
    Les Arcs/Bourg St Maurice

As far as I am aware White Room sold out months ago. I suspect Trail Addiction is pretty booked at Les Arcs too.

MSP

Alpi bike resort in Italy looks great, not been but it is top of my list of places I want to take the bike.

http://www.alpibikeresort.com/

From about 7:30 in on this video

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elKbN-NrYQA[/video]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where to go in the Alps?’ is closed to new replies.