Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where to go in North Yorks
  • BigJohn

We had got a nice couple of days planned out for this weekend, Mrs BigJohn & I and then I went and did a knee/stem interface last Sunday so I can't ride. Knee all swollen up etc.

We're staying in Whitby on Sunday night. So where is good to go on Sunday PM and Monday for a nice shortish walk/limp (can you have nice walks?) to still get that "out on the bike" feel.

Is there anything exciting in Whitby on a Sunday Night? Comedy night/blues night in a pub anywhere or is it all fish & chips and throw the batter at the seagulls?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

The White horse and griffin is a really good restaurant, you might have to book in advance though.

pearlbaz
    Free Member

Staithes is a pretty little place for a wander about…5 miles north of Whitby.

Moses

Walk around the Hole of Horcum which is Not far away.
    It has a hilarious name but is pretty.

Take a steam train form Goathland for a few miles then walk back to where you started from.

You have to go to Robin Hood's Bay.
    If the tide's out, walk ablong the sand, if it's in, walk along the cliffs to Boggle Hole

BigJohn

Thanks for all those suggestions – all noted and keep them coming.

I tried to book a room at the White Horse & Grifin, but they didn't have any free. Shame that. Still, we're within walking distance.

I'm a bit disappointed that Scruff hasn't been on yet saying that I banged my knee because I'm old, fat and rubbish.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where to go in North Yorks’ is closed to new replies.