Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Where to go in Keswick now there's no more Saddleback Cafe
  • centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Off to the lakes soon for a week of riding etc, in the past our favourite stop off in Keswick was the Saddleback cafe, which I’ve just seen has closed down after never recovering from the floods. I’ve got massive sympathy for the owners, who’d put a lot of work into the place.

Can anyone recommend another good option, hopefully one that does a good breakfast and where we can sit outside for post ride refueling.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Filling station, or the cafe in Rosthwaite – flock Inn, 10 minutes down the road.

poolman
    Free Member

Filling station +1, short stack of pancakes were tops

The other cafe I like in Keswick- more of a breakfast type place – the one you pass walking from the car park through the alley to the main square.

honeybadgerx

Filling station plus another one!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Just checked out the Filling Station website, it looks just the job.

Thanks for advice everyone.

boxelder

Little Chamonix – check Facebook – run by bikers (pedal type)

biglee1

another +1 for the filling station 🙂

Nipper99
    Free Member

Little Chamonix plus 10 – a worthy successor to the Lakeland Pedlar

eddie11
    Free Member

the square orange cafe up towards the cinema end of town is really good

eruptron
    Free Member

You can’t go far wrong with the cafe at the top of George Fisher’s

jaylaz73

Little Chamonix is ace as is the dog and gun for beer and nice food

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll need to spend plenty of time on my bike when I’m there, I’ve got the pancake stack penciled in for my 1st meal 😀 Will check out the other places as well.

sparksmcguff

Real shame about the saddleback. The food was fantastic and the couple who ran it lovely. Will miss the place.

sparksmcguff

Meant to add, my favourite place after the saddleback is the filling station or the little place near the moot hall ( left hand side if your facing up hill). Still really sad about the saddleback

Andy_K

The new incumbents have put some “opening soon” signs up in the window, so its to be a cafe again, hopefully another good one!

colournoise

Merienda is fantastic but maybe not exactly what you’re after.

Their Boston Baked Beans are amazing…

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

Definitely try The Chalet in Portinscale. Just between Keswick and Whinlatter. Food is superb and very reasonably priced.

Link: http://thechaletportinscale.co.uk

TomB

I live here, and my breakfast cafe of choice is Merienda’s in the market square. Head upstairs for more space. Second the chalet, portinscale, plus the new cafe at Lingholm estate, portinscale- head chef is the dude from saddleback cafe.

poolman
    Free Member

Thanks tomb good suggestions will look them up

ElShalimo

The Square Orange is very good and does nice tapas in the evening

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Where to go in Keswick now there's no more Saddleback Cafe’ is closed to new replies.