Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to go in France – Family holiday with decent biking?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A bit moon on a stick, this.

Looking for some suggestions for next years summers holiday, As Mrs Nobeer is adamant we are going to France. I’ll probably drive (From Scotland) As I want to take the my bike (I’d be well pissed off at not biking for a fortnight). Not looking for Alps type, just good natural XC type stuff.

We’ll probably take our time getting there, and spend a week somewhere, and a few days here and there along the way, not as far down as the South of France, a cottage ideally, with some good places to visit nearby.

A bit vague, really, but I really haven’t a clue where to go!, just looking for your experiences.

Thanks.

Edukator
    Free Member

La semaine fédérale cyclotouriste version VTT.

Verdun last year, Flers this year. As good a week as you’ll spend on a mountain bike.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

St Matthieu du lac. Has a nice campsite with lake and some nice if undemanding bike routes (marked up on a noticeboard in the town centre. Worth a couple of days

http://www.holidayparks-france.com/details/Campsite-Du-Lac-14433.html

Limousin2 by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

stavromuller
    Free Member

Can recommend Brittany, Lac Guerledan has waymarked routes and a VTT centre and the sea is an hours drive tops from wherever you stay for the likle kiddies. I’m in Aveyron at the moment and it’s effin’ brilliant

spokebloke
    Free Member

Can recommend Brittany, Lac Guerledan has waymarked routes and a VTT centre and the sea is an hours drive tops from wherever you stay for the likle kiddies. I’m in Aveyron at the moment and it’s effin’ brilliant

A mate of mine has a huge house 2km from here, sleeps 8. Went last year – brilliant.
    Website here.

wingnuts

Semaine Federal +1.
    I’m going for the second time this year. Doing the roadie stuff with mates. Riding in those groups 1000s strong is great. We are doing the European in Belgium and then taking a week riding over to Normandy for the SF. Set up is really family friendly as well.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We stayed just east of Cahors a couple of years back about a mile outside a little town called Cajarc. Didn’t do any riding but bumped into a few guys riding and in my best french figured out it was excellent around there. Certainly looked like it.

Konastoner
    Free Member

I recomend Ax Les Thermes, only an hour or so from Toulouse airport and right on some good trails.

trailmonkey

if you’re driving from scotland with a family then do yourselves a favour and go to normandy, suisee normande to be precise.

reduce the travelling ordeal for the kids as it’s only an hours drive from the ferry, fantastic riding, excellent cuisine and loads and loads to do. if you’re a history buff of any kind then you’ll be especially entertained.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where to go in France – Family holiday with decent biking?’ is closed to new replies.