Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Where to go in Dublin (pref not Temple Bar)
  • ac505
    Free Member

Looking for suggestions for good bars outside of the tourist trap which is Temple Bar? Any suggestions pls?

Albanach
    Free Member

Always enjoyed a pint in The Hairy Lemon. Wicklow Street and Clarendon Street area just off Grafton Street is pretty nice with shops/cafes etc. Im sure there is a couple of good pubs near Dublin Castle as well but cant remember the name of them. If you want totally away from city centre then Ranelagh is a nice spot with restaurants & bars & shops as far as I can remember.

ac505
    Free Member

thanks. totally OT, I used to have a numberplate ALB747A, would have been good for you I guess!
    Any more Dublin suggestions welome. thanks

GregMay
    Free Member

Hairy Lemon is overpriced.

Do you want quiet or loud? Music or not? How outside the city are you thinking.

Suggestions from my well spent youth:
    Peters Pub – Clarendon Row, little white pub on corner, great pints, no TV, no music, nice staff – used to be my work local all of 20m from the Watersports Dept of Great Outdoors.
    McDaids – just off Grafton street, rugby pub, good pints
    Bruxcells – across the road from McDaids…rocker and mod bars downstairs, jazz upstairs – open late
    Stags Head – hard to find unless pointed out, nice
    Long Stone – back of Trinity – nice music and food -can get busy

Coppers (aka Copper Face Jacks) for after….. assuming you are utterly wasted, 19 and either a member of the nursing or gardai community or country folk who feel the need to mate.

windydave13
    Free Member

+1 on Stags Head.
    A little further out, but Grave Diggers in Phibsborough was a favourite of mine when i lived there.
    Also i’ve spent may a night in Frank Ryan & Son in Smithfield.

The above are all based on you liking and having the ability to drink copious amounts of Guinness?? 😆

soperman
    Free Member

You have to try the Chicken Wings in the Elephant and Castle……

……which unfortunately is in Temple Bar. But it’s worth it. Any trip of mine to Dublin isn’t complete without these wings.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Where to go in Dublin (pref not Temple Bar)’ is closed to new replies.