Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where to go for some fun trails and DH within 1-2hrs from Cheltenham
  • gaz552
    Free Member

As the title says, I’m looking for some suggestions as to where to go for some good trails and Downhill action that’s within 1-2hrs of Cheltenham. I usually go to the Forest of Dean, and as I’m pretty unfit and it’s useful to ride the same place to help tell if you are improving.

Anyhow, with the FoD mini enduro on tomorrow, I’ve decided I might try somewhere else, so I’m looking for suggestions of places within 1-2hrs travel that have similar kind of trails and downhill tracks like FoD as I enjoy them.

jam-bo

quantocks or afan

rOcKeTdOg

Ribbesford wyre forest

qwerty
    Free Member

Cwm Carn has a DH run, two XC loops & a pump track. If you leave early enough, its an hour away.

gaz552
    Free Member

What’s the pedal up time like at these places?

v666ern
    Free Member

Stile cop is ace

nickjb
    Free Member
    deadkenny
    Free Member

Cwmcarn has an uplift https://www.cwmdown.co.uk/

Pedalling I’d do it more for the xc loops than the DH. There place is split between two sides each with an xc and dh run, and both are killer climbs.

DH is more rocky than rooty than FoD, at least on the original DH (not done the new one). It’s not like FoD with loads of trails, just two DH trails but a longer run and a few options.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where to go for some fun trails and DH within 1-2hrs from Cheltenham’ is closed to new replies.