Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where to go for new year?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fed up of spending the holidays at home, christmas has taken it’s toll by the 30th, quite fancy St Ives, but it’s a long drive from the Shire….

Anywhere nice do anything a bit special? maybe one of the villages on the East coast of Fife? one of the islands perhaps?.

Inspire me….

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It wouldn’t be cheap at Xmas and New Year, but Center Parcs?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m going there next month, the one that claims to be in the lakes. Really hoping that it’s shit, as I don’t really like the idea of it at all…

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Longleat is lovely outside the kids school holidays, much cheaper too (October is about same price as March-May, when we normally go), just take most of your food and drink for the stay so you aren’t stung by the on-site supermarket.

thenorthwind

Fife coast is lovely. Me and my girlfriend walked the coast path from Lower Largo to St. Andrews this year. The little villages, particularly on the south coast (Crail, Anstruthers, Pittenweem, etc.) are lovely.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LfCwaS]IMGP0721[/url] by Dave W, on Flickr

Disclaimer: may not look like this in Decmeber/January

fifeandy
    Free Member

Disclaimer: may not look like this in Decmeber/January

Yes, image above was taken on one of 3 days a year it doesn’t look like this:

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Did Reyjavik for Christmas the year before last, it was an awesome experience.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Aviemore? Always a good party going on up that way at new year.

We stayed in Carrbridge for new year a long time ago and had a fantastic few days celebrating new year, beats a driech night in killie.

Tracey

For the last ten years we have travelled up to Pebbles to celebrate the new year. Lets us get some riding in as well as the New Year celebrations at the Tontine.
    Weather has always been unpredictable, one year we took the snowboards. This year we could have done with a boat. Riding as ever has always been quite good.

johndoh
    Free Member

Anywhere on New Years’ Eve will be silly money and, as a grumpy old sod, I refuse to be shafted for the sort of money people demand so I’d prefer to stay at home and invite friends round (or go to friends).

Caher

Canaries?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Somewhere hot and sunny.

I hate the period between Christmas and new year ’cause it’s always so bloody dreich.

RoterStern
    Free Member

The Alps? We usually go camping in Austria over Xmas and NY and the resorts put on a lot of things for the festivities (big firework displays, ski shows, etc)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aviemore and Peebles are a good shout, sister stays in Gattonside, so could meet up.

fasthaggis

Cromarty.

you’re welcome 🙂

iainc

Aviemore area is great at that time Greg, however all the nice cottages will be booked a long time back….

Whinfell CP at October school week – prepare for the onslaught of the tatts 🙂 Brave man, wouldnae be me, having done it a few times when kids were younger…worse than kicking oot time at clatty patts, if you can remember that far back…. 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I do, Iain!

At least it gives the tattooed weegies somewhere to go short of Blackpool….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where to go for new year?’ is closed to new replies.