Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where to go for 5th Wedding Anniversary. Suggestions please.
  • Algore
    Free Member

Want to take my wife away next weekend. It’s our 5th wedding anniversary and we haven’t been away on previous years.
    Probably no cycling 😥 but walking hills, or coastal allowed. As is normal sightseeing or shopping.

Want to stay somewhere nice and boutique feeling but not spend silly money.

Happy to drive as far North as the Lakes, Wales is fine, West of London or South Coast.

Maybe £100ish per night and £50ish for evening dinner. Any suggestions pf Hotels or places welcomed

squiff
    Free Member

Me and the misses went to fort bill a couple of years ago for our wedding anniversary, we had a brill time. we stayed at the Clann McDuff hotel, very nice 😀

Algore
    Free Member

Fort Bill would be perfect, but a little to far to drive up from Cheltenham on a Friday evening. Hence I think Lakes is as far we can really go. But thanks for the suggestiong 🙂

squiff
    Free Member

Lakes is perfect, its a really nice place with loads to do and some greats pubs for food

Algore
    Free Member

Squiff- any names of Hotels/nice guest houses?

squiff
    Free Member

give me a minute, I am tring to find the one we stayed at

gusamc
    Free Member

I enjoyed the Bankes Arms, Corfe, Dorset (careful there is another same name hotel near), got it cheapish on ebay though and it may be slightly downmarket given your spec. Castle out front, steam train out back, coast just down road, Old Harry Rocks, coastal path, or nip across ferry to Poole and walk along the prom (all the way to Hengistbury Head if you want).

squiff
    Free Member

Hi Algore

I have found one of the two places we stayed, try this

http://www.meadowcroft-guesthouse.com/

really nice place to stay with a great pub 1 mins walk away, the only issue is it’s 2/3 miles out of windermere.

I cant find the other b & b we stayed at which was in the heart of windermere.

tangent
    Free Member

I hear Singletrackworld gets good weather at this time of year

Algore
    Free Member

Cheers guys, will look into those. Though fear I might have to go a little bit more swanky. Think I might be in the dog house if I went to Singletrackworld.
    My wife would complain that I was working not relaxing.

scuttler

A *very* discerning friend recommended this place to me – http://www.millerhowe.com/ near Windermere.

Algore
    Free Member

Cheers Scutler,

Certainly what my wife is after. Maybe a little over my budget though…but very close. Defo on the possible list.

mrsflash
    Free Member

If you really want to splash out The Samling

Or how about The Drunken Duck

uplink
    Free Member

Wensleydale?

I got a room here for £110 last month – give them a call & see what they’ll do if you fancy it

Home

farmer-giles
    Free Member

have a look at woolacombe bay hotel in Devon. 3hours from Cheltenham and good coastal walks; most of all FANTASTIC non pompous food.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where to go for 5th Wedding Anniversary. Suggestions please.’ is closed to new replies.