Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where to get SRAM Roam 40 pawls
  • KZP894
    Free Member

Need to sort out a friends rear hub.

It’s an SRAM Roam 40 wheel and he has lost one of the ratchet pawls / springs. Any ideas as to where to purchase these? Does not seem to be a spare part for it. I did see some talk of using Hope EVO3 pawls but I wasn’t sure if that was for the Roam 30 or 40 wheels and if it was the pawls or just the springs.

Any advice gratefully received.

flimbo
    Free Member

I believe the Roam 30 and Roam 40 pawls and springs are identical. The difference in hubs is that the Roam 30 has two pawls but the Roam 40 has four pawls.

Adding two pawls to a Roam 30 converts it to a Roam 40. I have a Roam 30 and I’ve searched for spare pawls so that I can add the extra two but I’ve not been able to find them anywhere.

I’d also read that Hope Evo 3 pawls worked but I’ve not gone down that route, yet.

I’d be interested to hear if you have more luck than me at sourcing the pawls.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

tried fishers/Sram dealer (ie any bike shop)?
    Checked the SRAM spare parts book – available online

M6TTF
    Free Member

hope pro 3 pawls are almost identical – I’ve been using those in my ROAM 30 for 6 months now, and they work perfectly. the springs were a fraction longer, and a little narrower in depth, so I snipped a couple of mm’s off the end.

flimbo
    Free Member

M6TTF, did you replace the original pawls with all new Hope pawls? I’m just wondering if it would be best to have four identical pawls, to ensure that load is spread evenly, etc, rather than two SRAM and two Hope.

M6TTF
    Free Member

@flimbo

sorry, only just seen this. yes I replaced the SRAM ones, so they were all the same.

I have a pic, but nowhere to host

KZP894
    Free Member

Thanks that was really helpful. Ordered Hope pawls and used the springs, slightly cut down

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where to get SRAM Roam 40 pawls’ is closed to new replies.