Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where to get shock bushings for a 575 (RP23)?
  • DezB
    Free Member

Bought from TFT in the past, but have heard mention of cheaper places.
    Worth saving? or just get the proper ones?

uplink
    Free Member

Try a bearing supplier – you need 08DU08 bushes

EDIT
    Here
    http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/p60276/0808DU+1/2+Inch+X+1/2+Inch+Bush/product_info.html

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Someone on here, forget who, once ordered a whole bag load from somewhere, abroad I think. Several of us chipped in and we each got a bag of 10 bushes for next to nothing.

Can't remember who it was, when it was, or where they came from. You could try a search, but it might have been before the hack. All I can remember is that it was one of the regular posters from down your way.

Not much help, sorry.

Stu

I wouldn't bother – get the grey plastic ones from TFTuned – last much longer than the DU coated metal things.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

get the grey plastic ones from TFTuned

I'd like to bet they are off the shelves of some bearing supplier somewhere, just like a lot of MTB bits are…. (Bearings, oil seals, O rings, oil…) 🙂 If you can get the code, you'll be able to buy them cheaper elsewhere. £1.10 each for the DU bush is the going rate. Fox charge £4 for the self same item in a little bag with 'Fox' printed on the top. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

dez of to get some this afternoon will mail you if they have them

DezB
    Free Member

Cool, thanks Junkyard.

If not, will go for Uplink's version- 96p each, can't go wrong really!

Stu

I'd like to bet they are off the shelves of some bearing supplier somewhere

I'm sure they are, but I've never managed to fine them.

96p each, can't go wrong really!

You can actually – they'll last a month or so. The polymer ones are sooo much better (3 times longer lasting and still going)

DezB
    Free Member

You can actually – they'll last a month or so.

That's interesting – I've never used polymer ones before and the TFT ones last me about 2 years normally.
    So are you saying the Simply Bearing ones will be worse quality than the TFT? Or that the polymer ones will just last me longer than those?

Stu

Just saying in my experience the polymer ones last a lot longer, and yes the simply bearing ones might be worse quality (ones I got from a local bearing supplier certainly were).

DezB
    Free Member

Worth knowing. Cheers Stu

grantway
    Free Member

What about MOJO

uplink
    Free Member

I've not tried the polymer ones but the ones from the link above have lasted well IMO
    The bottom bush in my 575 was replaced with on 5/7/08 & lasted until 11/1/09 [yes I know it's sad] & I replaced it again last week purely because I had the shock off so did the pair of them while I was at it
    I guess it gets about 4-6 hrs use per week

YMMV

Stu

Fair enough uplink. My AS-R was chewing through lower bushings in 2-3 months until I put a polymer one in. Its been on for 8 months or so now without any problems. According to TFTuned muc off and such like eats the DU coating pretty quickly, but not the polymer ones so that might be a factor.

uplink
    Free Member

The original Yeti bush lasted 9 weeks 😯 & was replaced with a Mojo sourced one, which lasted 6 months

The top one has never worn to the point of needing replacement

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where to get shock bushings for a 575 (RP23)?’ is closed to new replies.