Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where to get my van MOTed in London
  • shermer75
    Free Member

It’s a VW (obvs!) and I live in Hackney, so East or North London would be ideal. The two places I knew that were good have both just closed down. Any recommendations?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Round the Arches?

Tell Phil that I sent ya.

shermer75
    Free Member

I think he’s still drunk

shermer75
    Free Member

drliamski
    Free Member

Franklyn Motors ?
    Mechanic · 2.4 mi
    Address: 692 Seven Sisters Rd, London N15 5NE

drliamski
    Free Member

Tell em Peter fromFermandez motors in Alexandra palace recommended you, you will get a good service

shermer75
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks!

shermer75
    Free Member

@drliamski – just droppd my van off, the guy at Franklyn’s says hi! 🙂

nedrapier

Andover Motors in Finsbury Park did ours when I was in London.

Never hit me for anything more than a rear light bulb.

Edit: never mind – didn’t read that you were sorted already

Sundayjumper

Nowhere near London, but I’ve just booked my van (also VW, natch) in for an MOT at the local Halfords Autocentre. I’ve been using them for years, they seem to have a permanent discount on MOTs (currently £29.99 when booked online) and they’ve never failed any of my cars unreasonably. For me, they’re great.

theotherjonv

Just as another comment – many council depots also can do external MOT tests, and given they have no chip in the game for any repairs that ensue, they have no need to ‘make up’ any fails.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=29-Mar-16-v1t&utm_campaign=nt-hiya&utm_content=19#mapfinder

shermer75
    Free Member

Just as another comment – many council depots also can do external MOT tests, and given they have no chip in the game for any repairs that ensue, they have no need to ‘make up’ any fails.

This sounds like a good tip!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where to get my van MOTed in London’ is closed to new replies.