Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to get Fox fork foam rings?
  • mrelectric

I want to change the foam rings and oil on my Talas but don’t see the need to buy the whole dust seal kit at £21-25. Various STW posts talk of the foam rings being very cheap but I’ve not find them to buy in the UK.
    TF, Mojo & Loco don’t list them other than with the whole kit. CRC do the bushings but not seals.
    Anyone got a link please?

honourablegeorge

Why replace them? Rinse out with IPA, soak in oil, and back in.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Give them a good squeeze when soaking in the ipa. Then squeeze them dry with a towel. Then soak them well in the oil until they look translucent.

mrelectric

Cheers all, I’ll give it go.

IPA being India Pale Ale? tasty if a bit fizzy…

orangeboy
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmmm ipa , opps sorry just reuse as above

BearBack
    Free Member

Why not pop a call into Mojo or Loco to see if you can buy just foam rings?

Yes you can clean them up reasonably, but why bother when the work load installing new foams is the same plus you can and freshly soak in 50:50 float/10wt over night? and know you’re doing better.

Still important to do seals also! Maybe every other foam swap you do seals.. or if teh foams you remove are mucky.. thats a sign the seals are not working effectively.

Although, i just did 2 x 32mm kashimad forks yesterday.. the skf seals are pretty effective.. not a jot of muck in the oil of my Float 120’s thats been run for an entire summer and spring.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Fox foam rings might be different but when I tried cleaning my Rockshox foam rings with IPA they went all baggy and out of shape so I’d avoid it. I just move suspension fluid through them by putting them in a thin layer of it in a tray and squiging them.

Baznav
    Free Member

Rockshox sid 32 x 5mm foam rings fit and are cheap 1.80 a pair.

mrelectric

Cheers. Loco have min order charge of £10.
    A search didn’t unearth many sellers. Any suggestions from the hive?

mrelectric

Ordered a full dust & seal kit from TF Tuned and they threw in a few for free just for asking . Great service!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to get Fox fork foam rings?’ is closed to new replies.