Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where to get custom looooong map printed?
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Going to the coast to coast next week and was just eyeing up the maps I’ll need to navigate my way from St. Bee’s to Robin Hood’s Bay when I realised I’ll need 7 explorer maps!!

wondered if it would be possible to get a single map printed that just covered the area I would need which could be a lot smaller and could roll up like my own little scroll of adventure!!!

Or do I just need to buy 7 maps and moan for 210 miles about the weight of the things!

cranberry
    Free Member

Option B.

And get the maps ordered soonest if you are going next week – you’ll need time to mark them up and put the route into a GPS if you are using one.

lemonysam
    Free Member
    CraigW
    Free Member

Or buy the Harvey maps, which has the whole route on 2 sheets. And they are waterproof, and pretty lightweight. http://www.harveymaps.co.uk/acatalog/Coast-to-Coast-Mountain-Bikers-and-Cyclists-map-set-YHCMCCK.html

nickjb
    Free Member

Use a software package like memory map or one of the free online ones and just print it out on a4 sheets

nickjb
    Free Member

You can even throw away sheets as to progress to save weight

mrjmt
    Free Member

Use a software package like memory map or one of the free online ones and just print it out on a4 sheets

+1

If you’ve got a GPX of your route but not got MM someone with it could PDF it for you.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There are also hundreds of signs 🙂 (at least in Cumbria)

BigJohn

7 maps, 1 pair of scissors, 1 roll sellotape.

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    gravitysucks
    Free Member

Cheers for the help guys. Like the idea of printing the maps off then just binning as I go!!

johndoh
    Free Member
    cranberry
    Free Member

Those Harvey’s maps look like a good idea – I don’t think that they existed when I did the C2C.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OS GetaMap allows you to print maps (and save as PDF), £20-ish for the subscription. The OS also has a custom map service where you could print your own but that would be expensive for the whole route. Given the Harvey’s are a pre-printed cyclists set they seem like the way to go. You can download an app like “Outside” and get the OS maps onto your phone as you go (not great level of detail though)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where to get custom looooong map printed?’ is closed to new replies.