Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Where to get cheapest 3mm thick carbon fibre sheet?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

I know carbon fibre and cheap shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentance.

Anyway, looking for a sheet of 3mm thick CF, roughly A4 sheet sized. Strength is fairly important I guess (planning to try make a chainguide).

One side can be of rough finish.

Had a look around a few sites, just wondering if anyone knows of any places which are notably lower priced?

Ta, Duane 🙂

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Hi mate,

I tracked some down for exactly this purpose, however Its still in an intact sheet as it arrived and as Im going to oz in a few weeks I doubt i’ll get time to use it.

Welcome to it for a reduced rate (Was about £45 for the sheet so say 30?)

Bought it from here:- http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/cf/cf_materials.html

andyl
    Free Member

Got a couple of 1mx1m sheets around here somewhere but a bit thin. Was going to make a chain suck preventer with a bit of one.

This place sells sheet to order: http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/cf/cf_sheetsales.html

I would say just go for the CSC which is carbon outsides with glass inside for cost but the layup is just 0/90 with that so the full carbon is better with +/- 45 thrown in and is £45 for the min size so I am guessing that is where o_h_h might have been sourced from ^^^^

so may as well go with the above!

EDIT: looks like I guessed right!

Duane…
    Free Member

o_h_h, what size and thickness?

Ta, Duane.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Precise size is about that big *waggles hands in air* Big enough for at least one and possibly two e13 style chain devices boomerangs.

Would have to measure it as I bought it a couple of months ago now.

3mm thickness.

Drop me and email if you want *my user name*@hotmail.com

Duane…
    Free Member

Just emailed you bud 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Where to get cheapest 3mm thick carbon fibre sheet?’ is closed to new replies.