Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • where to get cheap tubes? Is there a disco/superstar for tubes?
  • Pook

I need extended presta valves and Halfords do them for a wallet bashing £5 each!!! Is there anywhere to get them online cheaper?
    Decathlon, my normal supplier, don't have extended valves

cheers in advance

MrTall
    Free Member

My LBS will usually do 3 for a tenner. I believe most bike shops will. Other than that search the web, CRC usually have a selection of tubes on sale if you scroll through the 3 pages of them….

judderman
    Free Member

not sure if still on offer but were 5 for a tenner here – http://www.bikecity.biz/

james
    Free Member

Merlin do 10 for £20 (posted) or 5 for £12. They've always been thick(ish) raliegh ones when I've ordered some

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Halfords do price matching. Take in a ticket from the cheapo tesco tubes. I did this back when halfords had 3 for 2 and got three tubes for something like 4 quid, cashback!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Skiprat was telling me Saturday that the travelling one day sale company is just off j35 of the M1 and that they are cheap there. Dunno if you fancy a trip up?

Pook

aye why not

robidoo
    Free Member

Decathlon are purdy cheap.

Rob.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

superstar are about to release tubes made from octopus tentacles.

they have to be installed by a qualified professional though otherwise they puncture straight away and you get no refund

Pook

Decathlon, my normal supplier, don't have extended valves

M6TTF
    Free Member

go toobless and never have to buy any again….

Olly
    Free Member

find someone who "doesnt mend tubes", and relieve them of thier pile of punctured tubes.

then buy/find

1x tube of vulcanising solution (rubber cement stuff)
    1x piece of cut to size rubber patch (good for up to 1 million patches if your as stingey as me)
    1x bottle of "tipple of the week": my suggestion is for a whiskey, but good beer would do too
    1x copy of "substance" by Joy division

sit your ass down and get patching 🙂
    i aquired a box of probably 50 tubes with punctures off a lazy friend who can get them "on the cheap" from "a man" with "a dog" (not nicked, dont worry)

took me an evening, and a very pleasureable evening at that 🙂

if your the person who "doesnt mend tubes", please send your stockpile my way 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I've found roadies particualrly bad for not mending tubes, cant work out why, especialy seeing how expensive lightweight roadie tubes are!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘where to get cheap tubes? Is there a disco/superstar for tubes?’ is closed to new replies.