Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where to get a Salsa seat clamp rack mount before Monday AM
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Tried SJS but the next-day postage got cocked up now it’s too late.

Anyone know anywhere else?

scotroutes

Does it have to be a Salsa.

What seat tube size?

Giant also do one (I have one here but it wouldn’t reach you in time)

scholarsgate
    Free Member

have you tried the bikemonger?

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer. I really wanted to use the rack I bought next week.. but looks like I won’t be able to.. I can probably get a generic one but quite fancied a Salsa one.. having said that the rack isn’t the Salsa one either so maybe.

trail_rat
    Free Member

got a standard seat clamp ?

drill it out

Take the supports – put one on one side – fit a long enough m4 or m5 bolt through the support – through the seat clamp then through the other support.

put a nut on the other side.

cut the excess thread off and file the sharps away.

Its how we used to do it before such items became common place.

Ive even in the past made “extensions” if the supports were not long enough

somafunk

I have a brand new Salsa 35mm in my box o’ spares, see below.

This is the model that doubles as a seat clamp (i.e. : you can’t fit it anywhere on the seat post)

Any good to you?, i bought it for a neighbours bike but he decided he didn’t need it.

£15 posted 1st class or i could do it next day delivery.

amedias
    Free Member

I really wanted to use the rack I bought next week.. but looks like I won’t be able to

come on, get creative!

– use the standard seat clamp, but replace the bolt wiht length of threaded bar of same thread size, but longer so it sticks out on each side, then one use nut to clamp tight to hold seatpost, then mount rack stays to the ends of bar sticking out, then two more nuts on each side, job done

– or use another spare seatcalmp (with the lip filed off) on your seatpost and a longer bolt.

– or use p-clips, either on the frame seatstays or a bit one round the seatpost

– or use a single (or both if there’s room) rack stay mounted to the existing seactlamp using longer bolt

– or use a single rack stay and bolt to the brake/seat stay bridge if your frame has one

– or a long shot, try a LBS, Salsa aren’t the only people who make those clamp adaptors.

Paul-S
    Free Member

I have a seat clamp rack mount spare ( bought 2 ) if you are anywhere near Todmorden[1] for 31.6 seat posts so 34.x from memory

Paul.

[1] So unlikely to be helpful

molgrips
    Free Member

TBH I’m sure my LBS will have a generic one anyway but I suppose I’ll have to accept a non-salsa one. And save some cash! 🙂

Very kind Somafunk, but wrong size, I need 32mm. Also Paul – I think I can get same from LBS.

somafunk

No bother, I’ll throw it back into my box o’ bits 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

If it makes any difference I have bought a couple of generic ones and they work absolutely fine, no problems.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where to get a Salsa seat clamp rack mount before Monday AM’ is closed to new replies.