Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • where to get a decent lambswool jumper?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Got a howies one i bought when worked in a bike shop years ago and it’s done me proud but tbh it needs replaced. Like their new Magee jumper but 70 plus postage puts me off, where else can I find a nice wool jumper?

gazc
    Free Member

love it or hate it but tk maxx – got a nice lambswool jumper last week for about £15 also a merino one for about the same 🙂

Philby

Edinburgh Woollen Mill – got dragged around one a month or so ago by my aged mother and they had some at very reasonable prices. Or M&S.

greenboy
    Free Member

A field!

fontmoss
    Free Member

tk maxx is good but i get fed up how often there is nothing in my size or decent

woollen mill is prob a good shout ta

having helped with clipping a few times i wouldn’t be that keen to use the wool straight from the source without at least a wash 😉

vinnyeh

What do you get if you cross a kangaroo with a sheep?

A wooly jumper…

mlpinto
    Free Member

Uniqlo -not the greatest quality, but cheap as chips and they do lambswool, merino and cashmere…

Howies had some reduced to £50 and an extra 20% off yesterday…

ton

2nd edinburgh woollen place. one at castleford freeport has some very nice and cheap ones.
    great spot for winter wooly stuff.

fontmoss
    Free Member

saw the howies discounted-where did the extra 20% come from? doesnt seem to be on today

titusrider
    Free Member

go out with a knitter and they will be happy to make you one 🙂

Ive got a baby alpaca one in the works

Pieface

M&S Blue Harbour – Fine Lambswool for £30 in a wide range of colours and fairly easy to look after IIRC

fontmoss
    Free Member

ah cheers mipinto, signed up to howies but hadn’t seen that

hmmm was looking at magee and malony

chewkw
    Free Member
    midlifecrashes

+1 for Woolovers, they often have a stand at country/agricultural shows, I’ve had a couple and they last well until some stupid woman thinks a hot wash is just the thing.

For the more bling/niche/merino:

http://www.johnsmedley.com/mens/mens-pullovers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘where to get a decent lambswool jumper?’ is closed to new replies.