• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • where to get 20mm hub bearings??
  • renton
    Free Member

ive managed to get the caps of the 20mm hub im trying to get bearings for .

written on the bearing is "6804z" does this mean anything to anyone on here.

i guess its the code for the bearing.

where can i buy replacements over the internet then peps.

cheers

Steve

bananaworld
    Free Member

Here's a great site for that sort of thing

(EDIT: just realised I was perhaps a little harsh there. Sorry, Renton 😳 )

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

6804 is the bearing code/size.

Local bearing shop/ebay. Depends on what you want to spend.

cp

ebay is usually a good bet.

cp

the z bit is the sealing style. z is metal shielded. for rubber shielding you want something like 2RS.

woody2000

AK Bearings are pretty good too

tthew

Like cp says, get the rubber shielded ones, and IMHO get decent quality ones as well, like SKF or FAG. I've used Simply Bearings in the past, and found their service pretty good.

toys19
    Free Member

Last year I replaced my original pro2 bearings which had gone graunchy after only 9 months or ownership with some SKF ones from a local bearing supplier – about 25 quid for a set front and rear – 7 bearings. The rears are shagged again so despite agreeing that good quality skf or other would be best I've decide to try some cheap ones. I have just received a full rear pro 2 set for 5.99 plus 1.20 postage from this ebay seller bearing pit stop I'll let you know how long they last but he was super fast next day delivery and 5.99 for 5 bearings is super cheap.

renton
    Free Member

cheers for the replies.

whats the difference apart from the type of cover between the rubber shielded and metal shielded then?

if mine has metal would i be better off sticking to metal??

also how do i get the shagged ones out of the hub?? i cant see a surface to use a screwdriver on as there is a sort of sleeve through the hub between the bearings which is the same diameter as the inner race?

coatesy
    Free Member

No difference apart from the sealing, probably better to go for rubber seals, metal shields are designed for dry and dusty environments.
    Getting the bearings out will mean drifting them through from the other side, usually a sleeve of the same ID fits between them that you will need to move with a bit of leverage to gain access.

cp

yep, literally just the seal material. the metal ones are designed for keeping dust out, the rubber ones for keeping moisture out too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘where to get 20mm hub bearings??’ is closed to new replies.