Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where to find a whyte e120 fsa crown race or how fit a tapered fork
  • cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I thought I’d consult the collective on how to progress with my project. I cant seem to find a crown race for the fsa headset on the e120. I has a 1.25 fsa 970 cartridge bearing but I’m not sure what crown race to use for it when running a 1.125 fork.

As an alternative I have a set of tapered forks I’d like to use but the head tube doesnt look like a standard 1.5. It has been suggested I buy a new fsa/ whyte headset but it seems a bit extreme just for a crown race.

Any help gratefully received.

S_J
    Free Member

Bit confused by this, the headtube on the E120 is a standard 1 1/8th so you can’t run a tapered fork on that frame. Surely all you need is a new crown race?

Loads of FSA spares here. Pretty sure any of the 1 1/8th races will work.

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/140/fsa-spares.htm

maccruiskeen

Whytes spec sheet says its 1 1/8 upper 1 1/4 lower – so thats 1.25 at the bottom not 1.5

S_J
    Free Member

Didn’t realise that as it’s still a 1 1/8th fork. Must be some sort of reducer race with the headset then

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

yep its 1.25, had a look at the nukeproof external cups but it wont sit properly to try and fit a tapered fork. From what I can see there is a standard 1.25 cartridge bearing 970# used with a bespoke crown race to fit onto a 1.125 steerer. I would gladly be proved wrong and use a generic race.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where to find a whyte e120 fsa crown race or how fit a tapered fork’ is closed to new replies.