Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to eat in Zurich?
  • ebennett

As per the title, can’t be too pricey or work won’t reimburse me. Staying out by the airport but will probably head into town later, not fussed about type of food.

iolo
    Free Member

can’t be too pricey or work won’t reimburse me

In Zurich? Go to McDonalds and get a happy meal. Everything else there is crazy expensive.

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

There’s a famous hot dog place by the lake that’s quite nice and not too expensive
    http://www.sternengrill.ch

big_scot_nanny

Been over to zurich a couple of times (I live in Basel), to enjoy eating out in CH you just get over the fact that everything is eyewateringly expensive (sorry, it jsut will be). We do it very rarely!

I like Loft 5. Interesting place, a few othere bars and options around, and its got a good lively atmosphere, which is unusual for a swiss restaurant!

beanum

I’d recommend the Zeughauskeller. They sell 7 types of draught beer and 11 different sausages…
    There are weapons all over the walls including William Tell’s actual bow (yeah right) and a WWII field gun over the entrance porch…
    Zeughauskeller

There’s a menu in English on their website and you can get a Bratwurst and a beer for £20…

ebennett

Yeah, been noticing the prices! Don’t suppose anyone could also recommend somewhere to buy a Dell laptop charger 😳

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

God good luck I live in Sweden and yet the prices in Switzerland make my eyes water

allthegear
    Free Member

I seems to remember eating with a friend somewhere outside under the arch of a railway bridge. Was good and not crazy expensive.

Rachel

rickmeister

Find a Coop or similar and eat in the cafe, that or Macccy D’s or, just had a brainwave…
    IKEA. Train from the airport to Dietlikon as the nearest station and ToysR Us is next-door

peteimpreza

I seems to remember eating with a friend somewhere outside under the arch of a railway bridge. Was good and not crazy expensive.

Been to this area too bit can’t remember the name .

There was a market/café area with sever shops and restaurants linked together under the railway arches .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to eat in Zurich?’ is closed to new replies.