Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Where to eat in Peebles?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Just arrived in Peebles for a weeks holiday en famille.

Any recommendations for somewhere to eat that will cater for fussy kids? Cafes, pubs etc

hora
    Free Member

I liked the curry restaurant. Think we all did in our group.

scruff9252

Second the curry house. Also the resteraunt at the junction of the main road and entry to glentress is quite good.

Tend to avoid the cafe at Glentress itself as it’s bobbins!

scruff9252

Which thinking about it, there is cracking pub food in innerleithen. It’s on the road from the high street towards the trails.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Francos Italian is good too

tinribz
    Free Member

Last time I was there went to an Italian at the far end of HS. Was a while ago though.

athgray
    Free Member

The steakhouse at GT is good and child friendly, as is The Courthouse. About 10 miles North of Peebles on the road to Edinburgh The Leadburn Inn does nice food and has a good soft play.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Deffo the Italian pizza place

Pigface
    Free Member

The Sunflower

Basil

The Italian was great. Good prices and good food. The indian was good but don’t know if you what to fill kids with fart food.

MoreCashThanDash

Kids and wife won’t touch Indian, but we’ll try and give some of the others a go.

Off to the Games today though 😀

br
    Free Member

Café-wise (plus evening meals); here is good:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.651292,-3.192185,3a,75y,144h,85.73t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sBtcKwono-ueFZeR7y-s1Ew!2e0

Coltrans, down near the roundabout/bridge.

alanl
    Free Member

We couldnt recommend the Curry place, terrible service, just left us sat there for ages, while they took orders from people who came in after us, so we walked.
    We then went over the road to the posh hotel (Tontine), and got a lovely dinner for very little more cost, with great view out of the windows, rather than the blank walls of the Indian Prince.

69er_Gav
    Free Member

I’d highly recommend trying Osso restaurant which is on the high street next to the Eastgate theatre. They do everything from breakfast through to dinner. Seriously good cooking, child friendly and great value.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186508-d2031954-Reviews-Osso-Peebles_Scottish_Borders_Scotland.html

Home

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi, as mentioned Tontine has good food, or try the newly refurbished Cross Keys, now a wetherspoons with a big beer garden, its down the Northgate part of town

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

The sit-in chippy is pretty good.

LMT
    Free Member

Can’t remember the name of the pub on the high street, the one opposite the chip ship. We went one night as the Italian was shut got chicken cheese bacon BBQ sauce, chips and salad plus 2 pints for under £15, needless to say we ate there all week after that. Good quality food lots of TVs at different angles to watch sky sports.

ivnickkate
    Free Member

LMT means the County

MoreCashThanDash

Lots to look forward to, if we can get in and out of the Games a bit quicker tomorrow!

leonthepro
    Free Member

I was up there for the EWS with the family (6yr) and went to the Sunflower (very good food, really friendly but check the menu before you go as not much for children). The Green Tree Restaurant was great, really family friendly, they happily stored my son’s bike and the Sunday lunch and desert was very good. The Crown Hotel was also good and family friendly. It looks a bit strange as the restaurant is the back which is nice. The fish and chip just off the high street on Northgate street (just around the corner from the sunflower) is also very good and seems to be where the locals go.

Green Tree would be my first choice.

stevious

Second the Osso recommendation.

ohrats
    Free Member

Chippy every time for me. However, If looking for a decent meal the restaurant at Kailzie Gardens is pretty nice.

footflaps

County Inn is good (Hotel right in centre of town).
    Prince of India is good.

burko73

Don’t forget the ice cream parlour in the high st……… For ice creams that is…. Lovely….

MoreCashThanDash

Can’t believe no one mentioned Cocoa Black! 😮

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Where to eat in Peebles?’ is closed to new replies.