• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Ewan.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where to do a multi day hike / scramble in dec
  • Ewan
    Free Member

I’m after some inspiration – my friend and I tend to go off and do a self-supported multiday hike (with bivy sacks rather than a tent) every December. We’ve got a bit of holiday left this year so figured we might go further afield and hopefully not end up being snowed on in a ditch in Snowdonia.

Any specific suggestions on what might be worth a go? Probably 4 days including the days we fly on – any scrambling up to grade 2 ish is a bonus (ideally don’t want to take a rope). I did think Corisca, but it looks like it may be a bit wet and the routes didn’t look great that I could find.

tjagain

December? You are going to have to go along way south – canaries or further?

fergal
    Free Member

Costa Blanca some great mountain scrambles around the Puig Campana.

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

Montsant mountains area in Catalunya has lots of scope. Not snowy I imagine. Easy short drive from Barcelona or Reus airport.

Only issue I find running up there is you can struggle for water top ups

Ewan
    Free Member

December? You are going to have to go along way south – canaries or further?

Well we normally do it in Snowdonia or somewhere equally grim in this country – so anything about 10 degrees will be lovely!

Montsant mountains area in Catalunya has lots of scope. Not snowy I imagine. Easy short drive from Barcelona or Reus airport.

Only issue I find running up there is you can struggle for water top ups

Is that Serra de Montsant? Any top tips on nice mountain ridges?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where to do a multi day hike / scramble in dec’ is closed to new replies.