Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where to camp around Keswick in November
  • sunshiner1der
    Free Member

My hubby and I have decided to take a few days to go camping in the Lakes the first week of Nov. We fancy the Keswick area… can anyone recommend somewhere to camp at that time of year?

Obviously somewhere near a pub would be good!

Cheers 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You’ll just get the last week at castlerigg farm camping, before they close up for the winter. There is a pub next door and you can easily access Walla Crag for fab views over Derwent water. 20 min walk down to town.

Facilities are clean. They only admit couples and families and evict anyone who makes any noise after 10:30pm. My mate and I were initially sent away as we were not a couple. We told them we were gay and they let us in 😆

qwerty
    Free Member

Cat Bells camping barn.

qwerty
    Free Member

Cat Bells camping barn = indoor camping !

wool

A B&B !

sunshiner1der
    Free Member

Thanks buzz-lightyear I forgot about that one, stayed there about 10 years ago and found the walkers bar in the pub to be quite amusing. Would prefer to be a little nearer town at that time of year.

As for the rest, we want to be out under canvas! We go to camping barns with groups of friends, this time it’s just us 😀

highclimber
    Free Member

there is a nice campsite in Braithwaite at the bottom of the hill to whinlatter. its got palace-like toilets and showers for a campsite and is near to a pub. I think it was about £7.50 PP

colournoise

highclimber – Member
    there is a nice campsite in Braithwaite at the bottom of the hill to whinlatter. its got palace-like toilets and showers for a campsite and is near to a pub. I think it was about £7.50 PP

This.

Excellent campsite. Cafe does (or did last time I was there) a pretty good full english.

slainte 😀 rob

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where to camp around Keswick in November’ is closed to new replies.