Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where to buy quality, good value bed?
  • CHB

Need to buy a bed (first in YEARS!) for daughters revamped bedroom (upgraded rooms as son left for university last week!).
    Subscribing to the maxim of always buy a good bed and good shoes (because you spend so much time in one or the other), where is good for a decent quality single mattress and bed?
    We live in Yorkshire and would love to buy from a manufacturers outlet or good value independent if possible.
    Ta!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My good Ikea stuff has always been worth it, cheap Ikea wasn’t.

senorj

Warren Evans do good cheap bases. It’s the mattress that costs…

poolman
    Free Member

I just bought one from mathisons contract beds, a commercial supplier. They came highly recommended but as it’s for a rental property I haven’t slept in it. Loads of people on the villa renters forum rave about them.

ton

just paid £400 for a mattress, with 25% off, from where a family member works.

LeeW

+1 for Ikea beds – if you’re going to spend a decent amount. Good quality/comfortable mattresses aren’t cheap and their value will be obvious when you wake after a good nights sleep.

kimbers

Another one for IKEA, 10 years and 2 house moves later ours is still going strong.

CHB

Thanks all. Will have a look at IKEA. Just heading off to Benson Beds and a place on Burley Road for a look too!

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

if your north yorkshire then beevers beds are as good as it gets

momo

I’ll add another vote for Ikea, MrsMomo and I really like ours. We’ve got a Hemnes 160cm wide jobbie with upgraded base and it’s great, really solid. As we bought the odd sized bed we needed their mattress too, we ended up with one of their memory foam ones, best mattress I’ve ever had!

J273
    Free Member

Was going to make a new thread but whilst on the subject of beds, if the OP don’t mind? . Can anyone recommend a decent mattress?

Ive got terrible sciatica at the minute and don’t think my cheap mattress is helping things.

Can anyone recommend a decent double around the £300 mark?

Ta

CHB

We ended up here:
    http://www.bedsidemanoronline.com/

Got a really nice single bed, pocket sprung, made in Birmingham.
    Benson had some nice ones with pocket sprung with memory foam topper.
    £400 for the divan and mattress!

simon_g

Happy with our Warren Evans one. They always have a sale or offer on, so if they’re not discounting what you want now then it probably will be next month.

colournoise

Zoe’s chiropractor recommended IKEA beds and mattresses. He was right. Contrary to popular opinion go softer rather than harder and avoid too much memory foam unless you live somewhere cold.

edhornby

Do IKEA beds still come in odd sizes that mean you end up buying IKEA bedding? If so, avoid because going to bloody IKEA every time you want a sheet or duvet or case is a pita.

Daffy

Can’t fault the 3 Oak Furniture Land Beds we have.

colournoise

Seen to remember that IKEA also do ‘standard’ sized beds now too.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy quality, good value bed?’ is closed to new replies.