Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where to buy LED bulbs for the house from?
  • stevious

We have a load of G9 halogens lighting bits of our house and want to replace them with LEDs. Looking online provides a plethora of options and it’s impossible to tell if they’ll be any good or if i’ll end up with blue rooms everywhere.

Just looking for some warm white, roughly equivalent to a 40W halogen for brightness. Dimming not needed.

Any experts on here care to comment?

Cheers.

cheburashka
    Free Member

We have GU10s rather than G9s, but found Ikea ‘Ledare’ are hard to beat for the cost. We have more expensive Megaman LED GU10s in the kitchen for comparison. Ikea ones are decent quality, genuinely ‘warm white’ even compared to the Megamans, and long lasting – we had some Ikea in the bathroom for a few years and have more recently covered the rest of our new house in them. Four quid a pop.

Although looking on the Ikea site, the G9s are only 90 lumen. :/

stevious

Thanks for the advice, but Ikea’s a bit of a faff for a few lightbulbs.

Any others?

motivforz
    Free Member

I bought through these guys:
    Energy Saving LED

Had an issue with one going pop after a couple of days, got in contact and they said there was a batch issue which they thought they had caught all of. They replaced FOC with the next model up which was brighter and warmer, so happy all round, even though the original model was good enough. Good products and great customer service. Somewhere online there’s an independent test of a variety of suppliers and they came out top, hence me going through them.

stevious

Hmm. Looks like toey don’t stock G9 fittings. The search continues…

nickjb
    Free Member

I got mine from Ikea. They produce a nice light. Wasn’t a faff.

stevious

Nick, they’re not available to buy online. Nearest Ikea is 90mins drive away, that constitutes a faff I’m afraid.

iain1775
    Free Member

G9 LED Bulbs

Recommended by a few on here and I’ve had great service 3 times since
    Comes with Haribo too 🙂

20% off at mo with code on front page of website

I got lumilife ones and they where very good

stevious

Great spot there – with the 20% code that puts them in line with most of the eBay places. Ordered!

willej

I’ve had no problems with the GU10s I bought from simplyled.co.uk.

bonchance
    Free Member

SimplyLED.co.uk problems ; By way of contrast I bought a reasonable qty of very expensive house brand halogen replacements; ‘g’teed to be identical’ spec to originals (output, CRI and physical dimensions).

They simply are not. The specs they publish continue to be incorrect. The bulbs were 4mm longer – meaning they would not fit flush or correctly.

Response from Simplyled was *very* poor, denying all responsibility for their published specs or compliance with DSR. They failed to resolve to my satisfaction and have never refunded the items.

I since found out they use a rigged feedback system (like a few others – google the service name!).

If you know precisely what you want they may be fine, but do not rely on their best intentions. Order a single sample first!

prettygreenparrot

Screwfix?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy LED bulbs for the house from?’ is closed to new replies.