Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to buy grip tape?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

My favourite gloves lose their finger grip really quickly, so rather than spending £20 on new gloves, does anyone know where to get some grip tape to pop on my brake levers?

Cheers

Ricks

nairnster
    Free Member

I just ordered a 25mm by 5m roll from ebay the other day, after a wet ride with my thumb slipping off the gear shifter. Cost £1.59 delivered.

trail_rat
    Free Member

just get some hockey stick self amalgamating tape…..

how ever why do you need finger grips to be able to hold on to your brakes – sounds like they are adjusted too far out to me if your struggling to curl your finger round them .

rickon
    Free Member

It was pissing down and muddy, and fingers were cold on a decent length descent… 7-8 minutes.

rickon
    Free Member

Nairnster, have you got a link?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Any sort of tape on your levers will wear your gloves out quicker, surely?

Or….kick it old skool!

or…

jam-bo

It was pissing down and muddy, and fingers were cold on a decent length descent… 7-8 minutes.

Stay off the brakes. Descent will be over quicker. Sorted.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I use PSP grip tape on the boat, it’s kind of like a rubberised sandpaper, costs about £14 for a roll which isn’t particularly long but if you only need to cover the brake levers it’ll last a lifetime (and you end up covering everything in it and buying a fresh roll). You do need to rough up the surface to get it to stick though (but then on the boat it’s underfoot, on controls and usually underwater, sticking to a brake lever on a bike should be easy!)

I’ll have a look in the kitbag tomorrow, if you just want a few cm then I’ll post some.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy grip tape?’ is closed to new replies.