Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where to buy campervans?
  • jimmy

After recent camping triped I'm nearly decided on buying a camper van – as in a converted van, not a motor home thing. I know transporters are pretty desirable but I'd be happy with a Vito, Vauxhall or Renault… anything really. But where's a good place to look for them for sale?

thomthumb
    Free Member

ebay and auto trader.

specific forums for vehicle types t4forum etc.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

At one time Aussies and New Zealanders used to sell their campers for the air fare home outside Aussie House in the Aldwych
    Moved up to York Way near Kings Cross last i knew and might be worth a go if you know what to look out for

Other than that try the classifieds in one of the Motorcaravan magazines or perhaps ask an old fart like me to keep an eye on the Camping and Cravanning monthly mag

Had several over the last 20 years and picked up a nice conversion on a Sherpa van that had only done about 16k for not too much cash along with a Toyota Hi-Ace and VW (worst of them all with the dearest spares)

Some nice ones out there if you look and get lucky, but some real dogs too

jimmy

TT – if you keep your eye on this type of thing and anything decent in Scotland comes up gimme a holler… Like the look of Hi-Aces too. Off to search ebay.

mactheknife
    TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

No problem Jimmy, will have a look in the next C and C mag that shows up

vim_fuego
    Free Member

As suggested above but with a link to the page that shows up whats on ebay.

campers for sale
    A race van might be worth looking at if you want it for biking trips, I have a Sprinter with garage, it's been great.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

buy a van and convert yourself, you will save a fortune over buying already converted and, if you buy the right van (ie a vw), you will make money.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy campervans?’ is closed to new replies.