Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where to buy a new mattress?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

We want a new mattress, but don’t really know where to go to get one, please suggest a good starting point? (we’re in west Oxfordshire if it makes any difference), Thanks.

dooosuk
    Free Member

A bed shop?

footflaps

Bought all mine online…

JEngledow
    Free Member

A bed shop?

but are all bed shops equal or are some better than others (if so how do I tell the difference without visiting them all which I really don’t want to do)?

dooosuk
    Free Member

please suggest a good starting point?

I gave you a starting point! 🙂

All joking aside. We went into Dreams and were quite impressed with the knowledge and approach of the sales staff in our lcoal branch.

Also, they have a 40 night money back guarantee if you don’t get on with the mattress when you sleep on it at home. Worked for us.

dmorts

John Lewis, mainly because they had a special buy on and had only 3 choices of spring firmness, rather than the 8(?) that Dreams etc. have. For me personally too much choice can be a bad thing and life’s too short to spend ages looking at all the options. JL helped cut to the chase. The one we bought was JL branded but is made by Harrison Spinks in Yorkshire.

Dreams don’t have every mattress in every spring firmness in the shop. In JL we could lie on the mattress we were going to buy. However Dreams can counter this with 40 night swap thing I suppose

EDIT: Also remember the bed base type affects the firmness too

thomthumb
    Free Member

independent furniture store. decent salesperson will talk you through it.

We almost bought the stiffest thing going – but we changed our minds when we were talked through it a bit more.

Smudger666

actually, Dreams +1

Just bought a bed from there and the guy really knew his stuff and didn’t try the hard sell.

price checked them online and they were close enough to give them the business for being local and competent.

chris_db
    Free Member

http://www.bedguru.co.uk is my next door neighbour Carl. Excellent service, delivers UK and internationally, and will take the old one away.

Say Chris sent you!

northernmatt

We got ours from a big blue shed with yellow writing on it. They give you 90 days to take it back if you don’t like it.

jet26
    Free Member

Warren Evans and John Lewis both v good – think they rated highly by which for what it’s worth.

Harrison’s yorkshire as mentioned above also good but bloody long way from oxford!!

sharkbait
    Free Member

We’ve recently used the imaginatively named http://www.mattressonline.co.uk. Prices are good and the mattress is good (pocket sprung memory foam job). Arrived next day.
    I’d certainly use them again.

mojodave
    Free Member

I bought one from
    http://www.ergoflex.co.uk about 5 years ago, very happy with it. It’s a good memory foam mattress if that’s what you’re after.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy a new mattress?’ is closed to new replies.