Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Where to buy 8mm shims for fork internals?
  • tom84
    Free Member

I tried TFTuning this morning but they said they keep theirs cos they are in short supply. Anywhere else?

I want to try this modification, was also kind of hoping someone could kind of hold my hand through it (especially if you are in South London) as i basically don’t know what i am doing…

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/marzocchi-55-tst2-conversion-shim-damping-step-step-410874.html

pembo6
    Free Member

got mine from here

teknikmotorsport.com.au/Browse-Parts/Suspension-Shims-Bushes

tom84
    Free Member

thanks pembo6, did you do the mod?

BlobOnAStick

I did it. Twice on two forks.

It’s very very well worth while. I now have 2 sets of forks that have simple 2-stage damping – either fully open (without the spiking of the original) or with as much platform as you decide to have.

Follow the instructions and you won’t go wrong (if I remember correctly).

I got my original shims from MX-Tech, which was expensive for the number I bought. I recently got some from a uk based supplier (can’t remember for the moment, I’ll go and have a dig in the garage) but they only sold them in packs of 20, so that was also pricey.

My email’s in my profile if you want some shims, although there is one vital size I’m out of (I think it’s 18mm typically!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy 8mm shims for fork internals?’ is closed to new replies.