Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where to buy 2nd hand road bikes
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’m looking to get a drop-bar road bike and wondered where roadies go to sell them other that ebay. road.cc doesn’t have much, neither does bikeradar so I assume I’m missing something. Anyone got any idea where to look?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Not sure but I’m selling a my 56cm Cube if you’re interested.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

If you know what ur looking for, ebay can be great..though it pains me to say so.

I purchased a ‘hack’ there, which has turned out to be and outstanding bike, I mean the now serviced wheels actually out-spin my Bonty carbon 45’s on DT Swiss hubs FFS!!! I actually love the old thing to bits…in a retro kind of way 🙂

I don’t have much time atm but I’ll help you if you like.

LT

wallop

There’s usually something to be found on Bike Radar. What sort of thing are you looking for?

atlaz
    Free Member

I was looking mostly at bikes a couple of years old that had been 500-700 when new (so nothing fancy, but not 200 quid of pig iron) that I can use for the odd commute and some general fitness rides when I’m not out on the MTB. I’ve already got a ss commuting hack with risers on but dragging it up hills on fitness rides is becoming a bit of a pain so some gears might be good.

alexxx
    Free Member

I’m selling my giant scr (carbon forks, 105 drivetrain (ultegra front) bla bla bla – i’ll get the specs up in the next day or two it’ll be around £400

winterfold
    Free Member

Your best deal by far will be found on your local roady club newsletter or Interwebs.

Then back pages of cycling geekly.

Ebay etc look far more expensive

atlaz
    Free Member

alexxx – what size, year and where are you?

wwaswas

have a look at Bike Soup – some private ads plus IBD’s selling off trade-ins and old stock.

robinbetts
    Free Member

Gumtree is a good place to look for local bargins. My make picked up a spesh in great condition for £300 I think. Nothing fancy, but great for the price. Watch out in London though, loads of the posts look dodgy!

Haze

Classifieds in Cycling Plus usually have a few…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

alexxx – what size, year and where are you?

Its a 56cm, pretty sure its a 2009 SCR 1 (its yellow and graphite/silvery) and its in the South of Cumbria.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Gumtree is a good place to look for local bargins stolen gear

FTFY 😉

RustySpanner

Old fashioned, non trendy bike shops are good.

The owners tend to know of decent stuff for sale locally.

coastchick
    Free Member

best place is Bikesoup.co.uk

A new website for buying and selling used as well as new bikes. A lot cheaper than eBay and easier to avoid buying stolen bikes, as it is a lot safer. I think it’s great!!

antigee

i noticed that our local triathlon club had quite a few road bikes (not just TT)in its classifieds

PS thats in Sheffield

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Have you seen my merida-£150 of bargain- advertised last night- sorry too IT thick to post link! 😳

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy 2nd hand road bikes’ is closed to new replies.