Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where to bivi – peak district
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Any good locations for biving in the peaks? Not with a bike, but ideally somewhere fairly remote, a source of water, some shelter, and some views. I think I’m correct in saying there are a lot of caves in the peaks, so maybe an accessible cave?

Any advice / grid refs appreciated!

crazy-legs

I’ve been meaning to bivvi somewhere round HERE for a while. It’s a FP but reasonably quiet, there’s loads of old mines there and also plenty of shelter in amongst the rocks and cliffs. No water but it’s not that far to have to carry it yourself. Nice views out across the valley over to Mt Famine and South Head.

Ewan
    Free Member

Interesting – I’ve got a camelbak with a water filter – anyone know how dodgy it is to get water from the streams round here – i’m not worried about bacteria, more heavy metal contamination…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nockmeister
    Free Member

LOL…Cracken Edge ain’t exactly wild camping, and u’ll have the noise from the main road coming out of Hayfield?!

Thors cave in the White Peak…proper cave man stuff!!

Ewan
    Free Member

Any GPS co-ords for that?

scruff
    Free Member

When I *pushed my bike* thru cracken edge in the summer there was some nice human excrement behind a few rocks when I stopped for a wee. I wouldnt want to camp there.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

top of win hill, in the woods, loads of good places round there. or over the top of cut gate…

crazy-legs

LOL…Cracken Edge ain’t exactly wild camping, and u’ll have the noise from the main road coming out of Hayfield?!

It’s not wild camping at all no but it’s a nice spot, you get the sunrise right on it and the noise from the road is very muted even when it’s busy – there’s nothing on it at night.
    Interesting place, lots of old mine workings, a few big rusty bits of machinery etc.

jon1973
    Free Member

i’m not worried about bacteria, more heavy metal contamination…

You should be OK unless you happen to be near a pub with a Metallica tribute band in.

Ewan
    Free Member

What about nu-metal?

stever
    Free Member

There’s a nice human sized cave on Birchen Edge.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where to bivi – peak district’ is closed to new replies.