Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • where should we go next? central scotland – anywhere in scotland
  • cazum
    Free Member

hey guys just looking for alittle inspiration on where the group i ride with should head next we are a facebook group for like minded riders based in central scotland.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/583445008342308/
    just incase anyone wants to join..

anywhere lately we have ridden

laggan wolftraxx twice
    glentress
    AE forest – the shredder is amazing!!! anything like that else where?
    ben a’an
    ben cluech
    dumyat
    minewoods/cambusbarron woods

the last 2 are our local trails which we ride about once a week atleast but we like to get away to try new places ever 3 weeks or so

what else should we be looking at? we have quite a varied group but all of use defo enjoyed the shredder at AE

cheers for any advice/locations

scotroutes

It’s worth a trip to Kirroughtree.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Mabie forest & Dalbeattie are superb! 🙂

DickBarton

hunners of stuff out there…

coogan
    Free Member

You did Glentress and not Innerleithen? Do that for sure, the 7 Stanes route, plus plenty more to be found if you go a hunting. And if you can find it all, across the river is some superb riding. Was there today, some amazing trails hidden away.

Kirroughtree too. Stirling has loads of great trails. Aviemore and loads more.

cazum
    Free Member

yeah stirling defo has hidden gems! we ride a few of them. not done inners yet!

dalbeattie was to be done but we decided on AE instead last weekend. mabie and kirroughtree not really looked at them will have a look now!

gordimhor

Fort William for the world cup dh route and Kinlochleven for natural trails all in one area.

maddyutah

spoiled for choice-
    How about-Lomands,Dunkeld,Pentlands,Fife Costal Path,Blairadam,Pitmedden,Trossachs,
    Look on Trailscotland,sirling bike club,Glasgow mountain bike club for routes

athgray
    Free Member

The Pentlands are good at the minute. Also Gypsy Glen near Peebles.

legend
    Free Member

Cambu’s your local but you think the Shredder’s amazing? I is confused.

I assume you know the full north third loop?

gordimhor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug9h_MOuo_s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Hope the link works a great video of north third

legend
    Free Member

Was there more than a hint of sarcasm in that post?

Northwind

Aye, Innerleithen’s the obvious missing trailcentry one there considering your others- there’s a ridiculous amount of good riding in/around the trail centre, almost none of the best stuff is on the maps though.

Drumlanrig and Comrie Croft are both superb- cross country mind, so less of the simple thrills of the shredder etc but both ace.

trekstar
    Free Member

Try the forum over at http://www.trailscotland.co.uk for ideas

DickBarton

What are you after though? Something where you follow your nose or follow the signs? That can have a huge bearing on suggestions as well…

euain

Head North to Golspie and Balblair? If you’re looking for trail centre riding, they are both great fun!

gordimhor

No sarcasm i just like it

StirlingCrispin

I’m with Legend – that has to be one of the worst videos ever!

I’ve never ridden Shreddies at A, but can only assume it’s a bit like Kelpies Staircase at Carron Valley.

Anyway, have you explored the Touch Hills (superb four hour off-road circuit from Cambu), done a Ochils traverse (Glendevon to Sherrifmuir), or explored the mass of trails through the local woods?

Personally I’m still giggling from the descent via Burnwarroch that I did in May!

cazum
    Free Member

lol i have better north third videos than that!

yeah i know it well we normally do the 3 cliffs then down to cambo woods, the shredder was great as it flowed so well! i do all of the lower cambo except the last big gap jump not worked up to that yet!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘where should we go next? central scotland – anywhere in scotland’ is closed to new replies.