Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where should I go for a couple of days riding in Shropshire or South Wales?
  • singletracksurfer

natural, XC riding, 2 days riding in the one location.

So far its a toss up between the Long Mynd and Ludlow or possibly the Brecon Beacons. Inspire me please 🙂

Thanks.

oxym0r0n

Long mynd is great and rally easy to navigate!

oxym0r0n

Long mynd is great and rally easy to navigate!

ThePinkster

As above, Long Mynd – you can get a route map from the NT shop at Carding Mill Valley – or alternatively Mortimer Forest & Hopton Woods.

singletracksurfer

Thanks. Long mynd was my first thought and/as I know it, but what’s the new trail like at ludlow?

gasyz
    Free Member

For a longer ride head over to Stiperstones and eastridge
    😀

singletracksurfer

hmm ok, sounds best of both worlds (as I quite want to ride some new trails). Has anyone got any route ideas (GPX’s) or anything for over the Stipperstones way please?

inthehouse
    Free Member

All of the above,if you end up in Church Stretton(bottom of the long mynd) theres Plushhill cycles, cracking little mtb shop run buy a couple with a wealth of knowledge of the area,also across the road a deli that has great cake 😀

Simon-E

Another vote for Plush Hill Cycles in the little square in Church Stretton.

Get a copy of the map (small online version here) and take a look at the Long Mynd and Stiperstones routes at http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/ (click on Border Counties).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where should I go for a couple of days riding in Shropshire or South Wales?’ is closed to new replies.